Old 24-07-2007, 02:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
Paul E. Lehmann[_2_] Paul E. Lehmann[_2_] is offline

Default Deer prevention

wrote:

I have a beautiful yard with lots of flowering
plants. At least they
start out that way until the deer come each
night. Any suggestions for deer prevention that
will not harm the plants or deer?

consider an electric fence. By fence I mean a
wire about 3 feet above the ground and a second
wire about 1 foot above the ground. The second
wire is for racoons and groundhogs. Smear peanut
butter on the wires. Deer and other critters love
peanut butter. Once they get shocked a couple
times after licking, they stay clear.

This is used by several commercial vineyards near
me and they swear by it.