Old 24-07-2007, 03:48 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] ggtuki@gmail.com is offline

Default underbrush removal

We recently moved into a newly constructed home that borders a stream.
Around the stream are some beautiful trees, but unfortunately they're
being chocked by vines. Also there is just a tremendous amount of
underbrush in the area that makes the entire area unwalkable and
unusable. People have also been using the area as a littering ground
until we moved in. It's quite a large area that I wish to clean up,
and I just can start pulling weeds etc by hand to start out with.

Does anybody have any suggestions for how to clean up an area such as
this? are they any power equipment that can be used (like a tiller
etc)? What is the best season for doing it?

Also, any suggestions on the best way to get rid of the vines from the
trees? Should I just chop them at the bottom?

Thanks in advance!
Kartik