Old 24-07-2007, 12:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz Pat Kiewicz is offline

Default Help........

rachael simpson said:

Someone on here (joe, was it? not sure..) mentioned that i should ask to
see their environmental impact report. I did, and they claim that I
don't have the right to see it. Say it's not necessary for me to see it.

That sounds to me like a pile of B.S. I am pretty sure that your state's
Freedom of Information Act would apply.

Sad to say, I think you need a lawyer (someone not cozy with the people
behind this) and at some point you should talk to the press. They will
*certainly* be interested in the fact that you 'didn't have the right to see
it.' FOIA is an important tool for an investigative reporter.

http://www.rcfp.org/foi_letter/generate.php

The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
http://www.rcfp.org

(attributed to Don Marti)