Old 24-07-2007, 02:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default I want the recipe

On 7/24/07 9:01 AM, in article , "rachael simpson"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

btw, decided on supper. on the menu: garlic & parmesan fries and string
beans, pork tenderloin (seasoned with garlic salt, balsamic vinaigrette,
& honey), and cilantro corn-salad. Anyone hungry?

rachael aka rae

not rachael ray.......yet!

For the corn salad

Will trade my chickpea salad recipe

Cilantro Corn Salad
1/2 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
1/2 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp. ground ginger
4 cups frozen corn, thawed, drained
1 medium red pepper, chopped
1 jalapeņo pepper, finely chopped

COMBINE dressing, yogurt, cilantro and ginger in medium bowl.
ADD remaining ingredients; mix well. Cover.
REFRIGERATE at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.

original recipe calls for jalapeno, but i used my cayenne of
course....also use more bell pepper or banana pepper instead, when
cooking for socials, in case someone doesn't like the hotter stuff.

this recipe makes around 8 servings

Thank you! sounds great

Chick Pea Salad
2 cans of chick peas well rinsed and drained
One bunch of cilantro, rinsed and coarsely chopped
1 lg sweet onion, coarse chop
3-4 tomatoes , coarse chop
Vinegar of choice, I mix a splash of balsamic and rice wine
Good extra virgin olive oil

Mix together and refrigerate at least one hour.