Old 24-07-2007, 05:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default Help........

ok, 3 calls down:

call #1 went to the local DOT office again, to verify whether or not
there was an environmental impact report. (have names, but won't divulge
on here). Person i spoke to *assured* me that all paperwork was in order
on their part, then sounded quiet when I demanded that i had the right
to see it, and wanted a copy faxed to me immediately. She then passed me
on to someone else, who quickly learned that i wasn't just some country
hick girl that could easily be talked over and put aside. He said that
their reports were for dot and government use only, and that if i wanted
an environmental impact done, then i would have to have it done
privately. when i quickly picked up on that an said "so, in fact, no
such report has been done then?" he got all flabbergasted and did a lot
of "uhh,well,uhh,no". then said that all necessary paperwork had been
done. they didn't think that it was necessary for this project, seeing
as how they had done ditch work there in the past. i very politely
thanked him for his time & hung up. oh, they are suppose to be faxing me
a copy of the blueprints for the construction.

call #2
called environmental office, informed them what was going on, man stated
that he would look into it, and set up meeting for tomorrow at the pasture.

call #3:
the wild horse rescue again. rep will accompany me on meeting with
attorney this afternoon. wants to see about having some sort of
protection order put in place for the horses at least, to prevent work
from starting, until this can all be sorted out.

sounds like this may be drawn out for a while.
thanks to everyone for their advice!
rae