Old 24-07-2007, 05:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Help........

"rachael simpson" wrote in message
ok, 3 calls down:

call #1 went to the local DOT office again, to verify whether or not there
was an environmental impact report. (have names, but won't divulge on
here). Person i spoke to *assured* me that all paperwork was in order on
their part, then sounded quiet when I demanded that i had the right to see
it, and wanted a copy faxed to me immediately. She then passed me on to
someone else, who quickly learned that i wasn't just some country hick
girl that could easily be talked over and put aside. He said that their
reports were for dot and government use only, and that if i wanted an
environmental impact done, then i would have to have it done privately.
when i quickly picked up on that an said "so, in fact, no such report has
been done then?" he got all flabbergasted and did a lot of
"uhh,well,uhh,no". then said that all necessary paperwork had been done.
they didn't think that it was necessary for this project, seeing as how
they had done ditch work there in the past. i very politely thanked him
for his time & hung up. oh, they are suppose to be faxing me a copy of the
blueprints for the construction.

call #2
called environmental office, informed them what was going on, man stated
that he would look into it, and set up meeting for tomorrow at the
pasture.

call #3:
the wild horse rescue again. rep will accompany me on meeting with
attorney this afternoon. wants to see about having some sort of protection
order put in place for the horses at least, to prevent work from starting,
until this can all be sorted out.

sounds like this may be drawn out for a while.
thanks to everyone for their advice!
rae

Heh. Now you're having fun.

Back in the 70s, there was a book called something like "Success Through
Intimidation". The title turned a lot of people off, but the intimidation
meant being overwhelmingly prepared and meticulous. As you discovered, it
works well with small government beaurocrats.