Old 24-07-2007, 02:11 PM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Please help ID these "vines"

In article ,
B. Server wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 21:33:58 -0500, Steve Wertz
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 20:57:37 -0500, MrClean wrote:

Can someone ID these "vines" growing on the fence in
my backyard. They have also begun to spring up in patches
in the middle of the yard.

Since this is not a binaries group and they frown on attachments,
here are links to photos of the culprits:

http://www.theshipmanfamily.com/100_0475.jpg
http://www.theshipmanfamily.com/100_0476.jpg

Virgina Creeper. Ugly, but harmless to humans. Chokes out
everything else though.

-sw

But very pretty fall color. Richer reds than most any local oaks.

(in someone elses yard..)

-BS

I don't find Virginia Creeper to be ugly at all. The leaf shape is very
pleasing to the eye.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.