Old 25-07-2007, 12:37 AM posted to rec.gardens
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default Cutting Queen Anne's Lace

FragileWarrior wrote:
mleblanca wrote in news:1183843677.868649.219240
@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Ah I thought so. I used to be a devoted fair flower arranger. Entered
every bloomin' class. It was a good way to make garden money,
but it sure did take over your life!!
I didn't enter at all this year and the feeling of freedom was great!
(we went camping instead)
Emilie

Well I entered a limited amount of things. Got six or seven blue ribbons,
a Champion ribbon for Herb Collection and Reserve Grand Champion in
Arrangements for a teeny little thing less that 4" big at any point. Not
bad for my second and last fair.

BTW, burning the end of the Queen's Anne Lace worked like a charm. Thanks
for that suggestion, whoever had it. (Sorry, too tired to go back and look
for the post but I have thought of you kindly the last few days.)

been wondering where you got to, and how things went at the fair.
congrats on your winnings!