Old 25-07-2007, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default Help........

Pennyaline wrote:
rachael simpson wrote:
Pennyaline wrote:

snip

At the end of all of this, it matters little what you *have*. What
will matter is what you can *prove*. The amount of rent you paid
means squat if you can't prove it was applied toward the purchase of
the land, and there is no ownership if you don't have the deed in
your name. And though the millionaire founding father may be the
nicest man in town, it's always wise to do a survey and title search.
Don't take anybody's word for things, no matter what the local lore is.

sheesh, i guess i need to explain even more than i do, huh? lol
what i meant by "we hold the deed", is that the land is in my
husband's name. therefore, we hold the deed, we pay the tax, and all
that goes with it. so we have the deed, and we have the paperwork
proving ownership.......
what i meant by "the lawyer took care of it" is that his (the man who
previously owned it) attorney had the land agreement & transfer drawn
up. we appeared before the attorney, the notary, and the register of
deeds, to finalize it. it is not a quit claim, or a quick claim. it
was appraised and surveyed. i do know to do a little research before
getting in to matters like that. i always "shop around"...so to speak...
hence why i asked all you for advice, i like to be armed to the max
before dealing with any type of "powers that be", be that a test, a
lawyer, a doctor, a church, local government, anything....

Okay, okay. I get ya. But come on, can you blame me? You came across as
a bit evasive before, you know, as though the conveyance fairies or some
other ethereal force was behind it while you sat back and enjoyed your
good deal. Now what you need to think about is how to put up the best
defense against this land takeover. Don't waste a minute. Get yourself a
GOOD attorney and give him/her all of the facts, good and bad.

i got ya! nah, i don't blame ya, i know it can be kinda hard to
understand this country hic. didn't mean to come across that way. took
care of the attorney thing this afternoon, got a former DA handling it.
(he was recommended by my circuit court judge friend.) turned over
everything to him.