Old 25-07-2007, 12:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jadel jadel is offline

Default shipping questions & chocolate

On Jul 24, 11:40 am, "Wendy7" wrote:
Hi Kye, Your tour url does not work for me????
To K,
I heard something briefly about dark chocolate , that just a
1/2 ounce of the best
dark chocolate eaten daily was good for the ticker!....

Well, that's a simplified version of it.

The flavonols in high cocoa dark chocolates do reduce blood pressure.

You need to eat dark chocolate with at least 60% (IIRC) cocoa
content. I use Lindt's 85% cocoa chocolate. It might be a tad bitter
for some folks.

Non-dutch processed cocoa gives good results too, when made with water
to cut down on fats. The alkali used in "dutch" processing reduces the
effectiveness of the cocoa.

Milk chocolate and white chocolate (no cocoa content) are useless .

Hershey's is now selling high flavonol chocolates. I haven't tried
them yet.

A Carribbean tribe that was known for not suffering from high blood
pressure was one of the starting points for this research. It turned
out they drank an extremely bitter, high flavonol cocoa every day. If
they stopped drinking the cocoa---when they emigrated, for example---
they developed HBP as often as everybody else.

J. Del Col ( who has had his Lindt ration for the day)