Old 25-07-2007, 01:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Clark[_2_] Clark[_2_] is offline

Default Don't laugh too hard! the mower got borked first time out...

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

Hi Eggs,

You really think they should replace the deck? (the Sears guy said
he's seen much worse, well what's that say?).

It's brand new!

I really have thought about making a fuss, like bringing in the old
and new blades and the "monster stick" and telling them it says
"Satisfaction guaranteed" on the back of the receipt.

That is *exactly* what I was thinking. The factory blades are pieces
of shit, obviously. That's crappy merchandise, and not worth the
price. I'd go for it.

Kathy thinks we should bring it back too (replacement or)?

She was wrong about the beer. She's right this time.

I have owned allot of mowers over the years and never encountered
this type of problem before.

Nor have I. It's brand new.

The problem I have is I have already "admitted" to mowing something
other than grass and I think they consider that misuse, but

It's brand new. If they won't cover a stick of that size, doing
unacceptable damage, then ****-em. Get *all* of the money back, and
buy a better mower. Dood... it's brand new. There's no excuse. That
stick should never have caused excessive damage.

looking forward to your reply

Ask, and ye shall receive. =)

And, while you're waiting, please d/l and install OEQuotefix. =P

OK I downloaded and installed Quote fix, (everything else I run is Mozilla),
funny never heard of this software! ( I own and operate a PC repair shop),
I however have not read the documentation.

It's brand new. If they won't cover a stick of that size, doing
unacceptable damage, then ****-em. Get *all* of the money back, and
buy a better mower. Dood... it's brand new. There's no excuse. That
stick should never have caused excessive damage

I think your right.

Clark