Old 25-07-2007, 12:43 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
San Diego Joe San Diego Joe is offline

Default Iris.. questions...

"Gareee©" wrote:

Ok, after our Iris get flowers, they get a big pod where the flower was.. I
assume that where seeds are, but they always en up sinking into the water,
and rotting. Also, they only bloom the once every year.. any way to get them
to bloom of frequently? (Water lillies are always blooming from time to
time.)

Any idea how soon that pod can be cut off, so the seeds could be planted?

Most pond Iris varieties that I am aware of bloom just the once. You could
google for reblooming iris, but even then, you will not be seeing constant
bloom throughout the summer.

As for the seeds, you are probably better off just dividing the iris.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.