Old 25-07-2007, 06:46 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default vines for sheds

"0tterbot" wrote in message
have a fugly shed i want to cover, & have decided (i think) on soemthing
from the jasmine family, because they are easy, tough, evergreen, etc. &
then they make nice flowers. our climate is rather cool & the soil in that
spot is all clay - there's no topsoil there & i assume jasmines will grow
there (they seem to grow anywhere!) i also don't want anything deciduous,
as the shed is just as ugly in winter as it is in summer ;-) the planting
spot faces about east-south-east.

does anyone have any points for or against jasmine in this situation? is
there one jasmine above all that you would recommend? or a better
suggestion?

if you had a fugly shed, what would you grow on it?

I'd grow a Dorothy Perkins rose. They will grow well in clay and will grow
over the whole shed (sorry not a huge fan of jasmine).