Old 25-07-2007, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default path material

"Barry" wrote in message
having created my raised beds within a gated and fenced off area
protected with rabbit wire
I am thinking of loosing the grass paths between the raised beds and
either covering it
with ....shingle or chipped wood.......or scalping type material or any
other ideas?
The grass is ok but high maintenance '

What path material would people favour ?
Would a fibre glass type matting over the grass be ok as a barrier before
applying the chosen path material?
Or
Should I lift the grass before applying this material?

thoughts appreciated

Barry

I wish we could keep the grass paths between our raised beds. The chickens
eat it :-(

We've made it last a little longer by laying turf underneath the plastic
holey stuff used for temporary parking, They can eat some of it but not
scratch. It will get a growing chance while we're away.

Mary