Old 25-07-2007, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT MS Vista

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 08:58:35 +0100, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

I had heard a lot of the adverse comments so bought a machine with 2GM

ram.
At the moment its not working and wont even switch on so you could say I

am
not a fan!
One of the things they have removed is Control Alt Delete so you have no
choice but to power off then it goes into recovery mode to try and fix

the
problem, but this all takes a long time (and so far has not worked) so

what
would have been an irritating freeze on my old machine would take only a

few
seconds to regain control I find taking hours on this one

On my WinXP Dell I can get the same effect as Ctrl Alt Delete by holding

in the
power button. Dunno if that will work on your PC or with Vista.

My son's new Dell with Vista runs most thing he uses without a problem.
--

Martin

Machine is back where it came from and we have a new one, the previous one
was pronaunced unrepairable! no wonder I was not immpressed.
So how I go with mark 2 (and it apparently should have had c alt del)

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk