Old 25-07-2007, 02:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default Cutting Queen Anne's Lace

FragileWarrior wrote:
rachael simpson wrote in
:

FragileWarrior wrote:
mleblanca wrote in news:1183843677.868649.219240
@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Ah I thought so. I used to be a devoted fair flower arranger.
Entered every bloomin' class. It was a good way to make garden
money, but it sure did take over your life!!
I didn't enter at all this year and the feeling of freedom was
great! (we went camping instead)
Emilie

Well I entered a limited amount of things. Got six or seven blue
ribbons, a Champion ribbon for Herb Collection and Reserve Grand
Champion in Arrangements for a teeny little thing less that 4" big at
any point. Not bad for my second and last fair.

BTW, burning the end of the Queen's Anne Lace worked like a charm.
Thanks for that suggestion, whoever had it. (Sorry, too tired to go
back and look for the post but I have thought of you kindly the last
few days.)

been wondering where you got to, and how things went at the fair.
congrats on your winnings!

Thanks, Rachael. I'm packing up to move home. I even gave away my
Checkerboard Herb Garden (which produced the blue ribbon cut of Dill, btw
so I'll be MIA quite a bit for the next month or two. I guess the
good part of going somewhere else is getting to start a new garden AGAIN.
The bad part is leaving behind your favorites.

ugh...leaving behind favorites is never good fun. have a safe trip