Old 25-07-2007, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Alan Holmes[_2_] Alan Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default "Glue" Mouse/Rat Traps

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:32:28 +0100 someone who may be "Mary Fisher"
wrote this:-

I've only seen one (two actually, babies in the same trap - it must be
unusual) which had been caught by the snout. All others have died of a
headache.

My experience is the other way round.

Perhaps ours aren't as nervous... or more hungry ... or it might be that
we leave a baited but 'flat' trap around and not until the bait is taken
do we then bait a set trap. By that time they're used to taking bait
without hesitation.

Sounds ok, but in the interval between them using the 'flat' trap and the
set one, the females can have another 6 or 7 babies!