Old 25-07-2007, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default path material

"p.k." wrote in message
Sacha wrote:
On 24/7/07 22:44, in article ,
I'd keep the grass unless you're prepared to concrete or pave.
Weeding through other materials will be even more time consuming and
tedious. And weeds - and the grass - will grow through gravel or
wood chips. snip

Disagree, landscsping fabric (eg terram) with a self binding gravel (in

the
south Breedon gravel is readily available) which sets like a natural
concrete but is much more attractive.

Yes I think a heavy weight membrane is the way to go whatever you put on
top. You won't have weeds growing through the membrane. You may get a few
growing in whatever you put on top but it's not hard to deal with them.