Old 25-07-2007, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(Normandy\) David \(Normandy\) is offline

Default glyphosate

"Alan McKenzie" wrote in message
Need to do some serious weeding and want to use something that will be
neutralised once it hits the soil - need to plant in around three months.
Have tried the organic way of hand weeding, digging etc on my new
allotment but the first cropping year has seen produce almost overtaken by
weeds of varying nature.
Very disheartening especially with my potato haulms getting blight.
Noted that roundup appears useful and contains the active ingredient of
glyphosate.
Is it sold in bulk for diluting down in a sprayer or watering can or do
roundup have the commercial rights and can only be bought as a roundup
product.
Thanks in advance for your help

Alan
north of Portsmouth

Glyphosate is the active ingredient in Roundup. However, it is now legal to
buy the generic glyphosate which can be much cheaper for exactly the same
thing. I sympathise with your weed problem having similar myself. Glyphosate
is wonderful stuff - though there will be others here who will strongly
disagree, but that's gardeners for you :-)

David.