Old 25-07-2007, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim Jackson Jim Jackson is offline

Default 'Climbing' Pelargonium

Sacha wrote:
Someone posted asking about a climbing, ivy leaf pel. I said I'd ask about
the one I know in Jersey. Nobody knows the name of it. Apparently it was a
present to my ex mil and 'came in a basket'. If we manage to propagate it
and can't get an ID I think Pelargonium Basketcase has a certain ring to it.
;-) Certainly, it seems to be a bit confused about what it should be doing.

Dunno what "climbing" means in this context - but in the greenhouses at
Temple Newsome House in Leeds (yorks) pelargoniums have been grown up the
rear walls for years. Some of them are 10 feet high with very large
spread. Is that what you mean by "climbing"?