Old 26-07-2007, 12:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andy Spragg Andy Spragg is offline

Default Tomatillo trailblazer seeks similar to share experience

I found this interesting-looking packet of seeds back in early spring and
decided to give them a go in my newly-acquired greenhouse. Treat like
tomatoes, it said, so I have, and they have rewarded me by growing into
tall leggy plants with an amazing propensity to make flowers and an equally
amazing propensity to fail to set any fruit.

I fear I may have left them too long in pots, albeit generous-sized ones,
before transplanting them into the ground in the greenhouse, and that this
may account for their legginess. On the other hand, they may be inherently
leggy anyway - never having grown them, or indeed even heard of them
before, I have no way of knowing. But what about their so far complete
inability to convert flower to fruit?

Andy

--
spargeatbtinternetdotcom