Old 26-07-2007, 02:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Bush Administration Threatens to Veto Bipartisan Food and Farm Legislation

In article ,
"cat daddy" wrote:

"rachael simpson" wrote in message
Received this email few moments ago...thought it would interest some.

News from the House Agriculture Committee

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Media Contacts:
April Demert Slayton (202) 225-6872
Scott Kuschmider (202) 225-1496

Bush Administration Threatens to Veto Bipartisan Food and Farm Legislation

Agriculture Committee Chairman Collin Peterson issued the following
statement today:

"Today, the Bush Administration failed rural America and all Americans
by threatening to veto the 2007 Farm Bill passed by the House
Agriculture Committee.

This Farm Bill is supported by a broad spectrum of agriculture,
conservation, nutrition and renewable energy advocates. It
represents a carefully crafted compromise that includes substantial
reforms and new investments in programs that matter, including
fruit and vegetable production, nutrition programs, conservation and
renewable energy. Our bill implements Country of Origin
Labeling, improves food safety, and paves the way for energy
independence while preserving the safety net that our farmers and
ranchers need.

And, Dwayne Andreas and family of Archer Daniels Midland couldn't have
any of that, now could they?
Or, newish CEO Patricia Woertz, formerly of Chevron........ Guess she and
the Andreases called up George and Condi and did some 'splainin 'bout had
bad that'd be for the "family farmer".

Still wondering where the oil and natural gas are gonna' to come from
to grow the corn that is gonna' free us from foreign oil;-)

Also been wonderin', if we won the eternal war on terror, Haliburton,
Black Water, et al, would have to go home, forget big profits, and find
honest work.

War came at a good time for Haliburton. Under Cheney's leadership,
Halliburton acquired Dresser Industries, Inc. for $7.7 billion in 1998.
Halliburton then had to spend $4.17 billion dollars to settle asbestos
claims against Dresser Industries. Somehow the debt was limited to
subsidiaries of Haliburton, like Kelloge, Brown, and Root which were
forced into bankruptcy protection.

Looks like Dick has handsomely paid back his debt to the company for his
gaff.

FB - FFF
--
Billy