Old 26-07-2007, 02:59 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Johnny Borborigmi Johnny Borborigmi is offline

Default Solar landscape lights

On 2007-07-24 02:21:16 -0400, "Walter R." said:

In my experience, solar garden lights last about 2 to 3 years, ma. The
photovoltaic cells deteriorate and the NICAD batteries can stand only so
many charges/discharges.

I removed them and installed 12 V Malibu lights, although I had a long run
to the transformer. They actually provide enough light to see by and their
price compares with the solar lights. Be sure to use 7 or 12 Watt bulbs,
instead of 4 Watt.

Actually the batteries poop out first. Typically they are Nicads which
suck. Replace once a year and you're all set.