Old 26-07-2007, 03:02 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Dave Dave is offline

Default Solar landscape lights

"Sheldon" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Dave" wrote:

rural deliverers are not going to enter private property with their
vehicles, in fact they are not going to drive off the roadway

Wrong. With permissions, they will deliver parcels to the private area
specified by that permission.

You're WRONG! And everything you subsequently said is pure BS.

General delivery rural mail carriers do NOT enter private property,
not even for delivery of certified mail... they will insert a "pick-up
at PO" notification card into the rural mailbox... the pick up card
typically won't say what, just pick-up at PO. USPS rules are the
same in all 50 states. Dave, you are a certifiable idiot.

http://www.usps.com/receive/business...aldelivery.htm

Dearest Sheldon,
I live in a rural area. The postal service has a form for specifying
delivery on private property of parcels, rather than holding for pickup.
Mine is the front porch. They usually deliver parcels outside of the
detached garage not visible from the street as I've fenced in the yard
since, and have 2 nice dogs. Sometimes they leave it by the front gate as
Fedex and UPS does. Don't tell the local postal inspector, otherwise I'll
have fill out another form.

Some real life experience goes along way. I didn't look at the weblink as
my personal mail and parcels are not of a business nature indicated by the
weblink. I know both of my rural carriers by first name. They are both
happy that they can put mail in my mailbox from the easement instead from
the road proper. A haven from what little traffic exists.

Oh. The pickup notice. That's normal unless you've filled out the proper
form for delivery to another location on the property.

Sorry to see you don't know how to use a newsreader, Google groups instead.
Your welcome for all the education.
Hope you've taken your medications today.
Dave