Old 26-07-2007, 03:14 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Dave Dave is offline

Default Solar landscape lights

"rachael simpson" wrote in message
Sheldon wrote:
"Dave" wrote:
rural deliverers are not going to enter private property with their
vehicles, in fact they are not going to drive off the roadway
Wrong. With permissions, they will deliver parcels to the private area
specified by that permission.

You're WRONG! And everything you subsequently said is pure BS.

turn that finger around mister....

General delivery rural mail carriers do NOT enter private property,
not even for delivery of certified mail... they will insert a "pick-up
at PO" notification card into the rural mailbox... the pick up card
typically won't say what, just pick-up at PO. USPS rules are the
same in all 50 states. Dave, you are a certifiable idiot.

http://www.usps.com/receive/business...aldelivery.htm

yes, they do enter private property, they drive right up to the house and
beep the horn. for people with disabilities, they may even go to the door.

and mailboxes are NOT always beside the roadway. as dave said, in certain
cases, such as elderly or disabled, the physician can issue a letter to
the mail carrier and subsequent office, and request that the box be placed
closer to the door of the home, in an area of the driveway that the mail
carrier can still have access to from the car.

links don't always prove anything.....on this one, it ultimately depends
on the carrier and what they do.

Look at the weblink a bit he/she provided. Its business associated. The
previous part of the thread was about private mail I assumed. (you probably
did too) Well, actually, solar powered landscape lights originally.

Now that I reconsider all said. The person seems to have little control in
his/her life, and, I made the mistake of taking that away in this thread.
My apologies to "Sheldon".

Take care Rachael.
Dave