Old 26-07-2007, 05:08 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Solar landscape lights

On Jul 25, 10:02?pm, "Dave" wrote:
"Sheldon" wrote in message

oups.com...

"Dave" wrote:

rural deliverers are not going to enter private property with their
vehicles, in fact they are not going to drive off the roadway

Wrong. With permissions, they will deliver parcels to the private area
specified by that permission.

You're WRONG! And everything you subsequently said is pure BS.

General delivery rural mail carriers do NOT enter private property,
not even for delivery of certified mail... they will insert a "pick-up
at PO" notification card into the rural mailbox... the pick up card
typically won't say what, just pick-up at PO. USPS rules are the
same in all 50 states. Dave, you are a certifiable idiot.

http://www.usps.com/receive/business...andgeneraldeli...

Dearest Sheldon,
I live in a rural area. The postal service has a form for specifying
delivery on private property of parcels, rather than holding for pickup.
Mine is the front porch.

Parcels are not necessarilly mail, they're freight and delivered by a
separate division of the USPS, tantamount to UPS. Some parcels are
mail, those must fit into teh rural mailbox of there'll be a pick up
card inserted notifying one to come to the PO. I get packages
delivered to my door too but all MAIL goes into my rural mailbox at
the side of the road, in fact in my case it's acoss the road because
that's the direction the postal carrier drives on his route. Once
again for the IQ impaired ALL rural US mail gets delivered to a
properly located/constructed Postmaster approved rural roadside
mailbox , NEVER EVER anywhere else. Handicapped are welcome to obtain
a PO Box. All US post offices have handicapped parking. If someone
is all alone and doesn't drive or is too ill to leave home there are
agencies that can be designated to pick up mail from the PO, ask ones
medical provider, church, town clerk, etc.... but most folks have
family, neighbors and friends who can pick up their mail... but even
if you're dying the rural route carrier will only deliver
roadside[period]