Old 26-07-2007, 08:23 AM
AngeTheUnsure AngeTheUnsure is offline
Registered User

Talking

Morning Chaps! La Puce, Kay, Kate & JennyC.

Well, Bet you're not old enough to be my Granny, Kate .. I'm a LATE DEVELOPER IN THE GARDEN! The Achillea is really untidy now but hey, so be it. I'll wait till it stops flowering.

Jenny C... got it in one. Yep, Child of the 70s alright, AND Stones fan. Thanks for your help here.

La Puce, book sounds like it wld be useful. I'll see if it's available via Amazon used section. Thank you,

Kay, thanks. I've cut back the CranesBill now, where they'd fallen forward, it exposed lots of new growth at base, so it doesn't really look like they've been cut back! This Garden is less than 5 years old. New build. We're the 2nd owners and the previous were most certainly NOT GARDENERS so starting from scratch. What Idid last year and earlier this, any old gardens with plants in that had been sold for new development - I asked permission to dig up plants that were otherwise gonna be destroyed by the builders - that's how I got the CranesBill, Day Lillies, Paeonies, Bulbs, Acanthus (which are NOT happy) and a few others. It's quite a largeish garden, and to completely stock from Garden centre would be prohibative price-wise.

Cheers all ... off to dead-head!!