Old 26-07-2007, 08:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
ntantiques ntantiques is offline

Default Mystery Plant

Have been lurking here for ages and have picked up lots of helpful
info - am hoping one of you will be able to help me identify a
delightful mystery plant that bloomed in my garden this week. I've
run it by a few gardening friends & googled myself silly, with no luck
at all.
It popped up in a well established perennial bed we lucked into when
we bought our home in central Oregon. The blooms are knockouts,
approx 2 1/2" across, on 12" stems. The blooms last only one day,
which may be why I missed them last year. Would love to know what it
is & have posted several photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oregonbearpair/

Thanks,
Nancy T