Old 26-07-2007, 11:09 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Enjoy with planting Sunflower in your garden

O My Garden expounded:

It is very important to carefully consider the types of sunflowers you
intend to grow and where and how you intend to grow them.

Carefully select your seeds reading all of the information on the seed
packs. Pay attention to the height of the plants, and the time to
bloom, and the type of flowers.

So much carefulness - I guess that means letting them set seed
helter-skelter and thinning out the ones you don't want doesn't work?
That's my preferred method, seems to work pretty well
http://annzoid.com/Gardens/mutant.jpg

(I do occasionally buy seeds, it's just that this poster made
gardening all sound so - regimented. I love volunteers!)
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts