Old 26-07-2007, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Elephant Hawk Moth

On 26/7/07 11:50, in article ,
"The Reid" wrote:

Following up to Sacha wrote:

One of the nursery staff has just brought one in. It's the most beautiful
creature. We're going to release it into the car park border and pray it
survives this terrible weather.

we saw one on a TV prog and within ten minutes found one in freinds
garden!

They're not rare but they are unusual, so you were lucky.

They seem to be all the rage, big pic in FT at weekend.

I'll see if that's online. Val, who found it, says they like Fuchsias but
the page I found on the web says Lonicera and Galium and rosebay willow
herb. We have plenty of all!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk