Old 26-07-2007, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Aubergines

Cerumen writes

"Robert (Plymouth)" remove my other
hobby to reply wrote in message

"Cerumen" wrote in message

"Robert (Plymouth)" remove my other
hobby to reply wrote in message
news I know I could look it up but I thought you would have more ideas. What
can I do with the aubergines that I have in my greenhouse? Polite answers
appreciated. Thanks

Why grow them if you don't know what to do with them?

At risk of having responded to a troll.

Why does anyone try anything new I suppose? Why would you think me a
troll? I've been here for years

I'm sorry I have just not seem your name here, or at least didn't remember
seeing it and there has been an out break of trolling asking similar basic
questions before.
Aubergines can be used in a number of ways, personally Ilike them sliced and
coated in flour and fried but they are good for stews and of course
mousakka.

Slice about 1cm thick and grill both sides till soft.
Slice about 1cm thick, insert slivers of garlic, wrap in foil and bake
or barbecue
Gently sweat onions in oil till transparent, add aubergine cubes,
oregano, sweet pepper and/or courgettes if you have them available, tine
of chopped tomatoes, cook slowly until thick and rich. Either serve with
simply cooked reasonably strong tasting meat, or eat on its own with
good quality brown bread
--
Kay