Old 26-07-2007, 05:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default pH testing kit

About to apply sulfur to chlorotic azalea, but one poster advised I
test the soil first. Here's what I got from my local nursery.

[t]wo options to test your soils pH. They have
a pH meter which includes a reader and a stick that's very easy to use
for $24.99. They also have a kit that'll check the pH, nitrogen
levels
and several other elements. The kit includes tablets which you put in
the ground. Then you water the area and check for the various
elements.
The kit is $19.99. Please let me know if you have additional
questions.

Thank you,
Never having tested my soil before (gawd, after all these years!)
I would value opinion on which is more accurate and less trouble to
use.

The price difference is not great; results count.

TIA

(also, if anybody has source for cheaper price -- including S&H --
would be glad to hear of it)

Persephone