Old 01-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Chris

Default Lemon seeds to seedlings: seedless lemons?

Half out of curiosity, half out of boredom, I was flipping around
online and found an article on growing lemon seedlings from lemon
seeds:

http://www.cahe.nmsu.edu/ces/yard/2000/040800.html

I thought it might be fun to sprout a few in some pots indoors, if for
no other reason to have something to take up some space and take care
of. I was poking around a little further online and found that there
are a lot of seedless varieties of lemons. I was jsut planning to go
out and buy myself a few lemons from the grocery store, get the seeds
and use the juice for a few lemon drops after dinner ;-) but wanted to
ask a (stupid) question first - how do I make sure I'm not buying one
of these seedless lemons? I never realized there are so many
varieties of lemons ... if it matters, I'm in the USA, east coast,
Virginia.