Old 01-04-2003, 01:32 PM

Default New Grass Care

"Doug Powers" wrote:
I had my new lawn planted last fall. I live in South Dakota, so the
lawn didn't get quite long enough for the first last mowing before it got
cold.

I am wondering what I should do to the lawn this spring. Should I put
some type of starter fertilizer on it now and then a crab grass preventer
on it by the end of May or can I put the crab grass preventer on it now?

Yes, I'd put starter food down now,and then a pre-emergent/food down in mid
may. This will allow the seedlings to be mature enough to handle the pre-E.

Also, I had a couple of patches of brome grass that the roundup didn't
quite kill last fall. Is there anything that I can spray on this that
will kill the brome but not kill the blue grass?

Can you spot treat them again with roundup? Wait until they are growing.

--
Go#40 42 12 God Bless Our Troops
http://NewsReader.Com/