Old 26-07-2007, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default Humane Mole Traps?

" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 26, 7:56 am, Skokiaan
wrote:
Has anyone actually caught a live mole in on of these?

http://www.pestfree.co.uk/livemole.htm

Or are they a waste of money?

Chris

I've given up trying to get rid of the moles, we even paid for a chap
to come in and put down worms which had been treated to kill them.

I tried the hose down the hole, didn't work. I bought some stuf in
France to water down the holes, didn't work. I got advice from Jane
Ranson, old time urgler who is "the expert" on mole catching, didn't
work. The only thing that did work to kill one was when I was getting
out of the car one evening. I saw the earth move, and, without
thinking, I bent down and attacked the heaving earth with my handbag,
there was earth flying everywhere, I never caught another one by any
method after that.

I've seen a Bengal cat hunting moles on a nearby playing field this year,
and, judging by the marked reduction in mole hills in comparison with
previous years, it has had some success.