Old 26-07-2007, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Expected lilac growth in first few months?

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 19:42:13 -0500, Stuart E. Weiner wrote:
I planted a common lilac shrub, about 2 feet tall, in the spring. It
has grown very little over the past 3 months or so. Is this to be
expected? Or is it perhaps indicative that the plant is subpar or the

Pretty much what I'd expect from a transplant. Give it a year or two
(and some fertilizer) to get its roots under it.

Kay