Old 26-07-2007, 11:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Problem with Fescue

said:

Just for the record, maybe I'm missing something, but in the pics he
provided, I don't see nutsedge, just crabgrass. Plus nutsedge occurs
with lots of water and high temps, so it's inconsistent with a lawn
that's dry.

It's there, man. It's just been mown. If you d/l the pic, and zoom in on
the lime-green areas, you'll see it. And, I've been digging up nutsedge
from some of the driest beds on the course, lately. Temps have been higher
than normal, here, but rainfall has been WAY below average. Sheesh, I hate
that plant!

Lonicera japonica used to be my "public enemy #1", but the last couple
years have changed that. It seems nutsedge is getting worse, every year. I
read that poison ivy is becoming more rampant, due to global warming. I'm
wondering how many more invasive species will follow suit. I'm sure
nutsedge is trying.

--

Eggs

I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say i'm
responsible.