Old 26-07-2007, 08:45 PM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default More Vines to ID, Please

In article ,
texas twang wrote:

You wonderful folks did a great job in quickly identifying the
Virginia Creeper. I'm begging you to help me out by identifying three
vineson my property. Thanks!

Darker leaf, heart-shaped taking over my Texas Sage
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...iew&current=10
0_0583.jpg

I know what this one is as I have it too, but I can't bloody think of
it's name at the moment! Grows from large underground potato-like root
bulbs.
Some people call it briar but I looked it up and that's just a nick name
it appears.

Liana I think? (took me a few minutes! I knew it started with an L.)

This one's all over the place!!!
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...iew&current=10
0_0580.jpg

Wild morning glory. :-) Aka Bindweed. It's almost taken over my back
yard this summer due to all the rain. I've kept it weeded out of my
flower garden but let it grow everywhere else. Pretty purple flowers
that dump a lot of seeds that come up all next year.

I know this one all TOO well! I've had it grow in three different shades.

Poison Ivy?
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...iew&current=10
0_0588.jpg

No. I have some of this growing in front and I try to encourage it as
I'd dug it up and planted it there. Pretty vine and not so invasive. I'm
not sure what it is but it looks like some type of wild ivy.

I try to xeriscape (use native plants) wherever possible for landscaping
to save on water.

If you find a weed that is pretty, cultivate it. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.