Old 26-07-2007, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Flowering Cyclamen

Bazza writes

Ah... that explains it, I have worked in the middle east in their
winter and the climate is warmer than our summer.
Nice bonus, like value for money.
I find it amazing that a lot of the plants we grow come from other
climes and we can still grow them successfully, I just love nature.

My father has had a similar experience of a second flush of flowers on
the one he bought for his living room window, and is every bit as
pleased as you are!

They don't always come back, because they've been pushed pretty hard for
that first floral display (look at the number of buds compared with the
size of corm), but since you have a greenhouse, I'd have thought it was
worth keeping them on rather than automatically throwing them away.
Certainly the hardier ones are capable of getting huge (Harlow Carr have
some which whose corms are a foot across) and flowering year after year.
--
Kay