Old 26-07-2007, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default Petrol mulching mower recommendations

"Road_HogŪ" wrote in message

"CWatters" wrote in message
Just for info... I was also looking at a 21" from Honda (except I was
after
a collecting mower). Someone told me that Honda didn't make them
themselves
and pointed me at what looked like an identical mower with an unheard of
brand label on it (same 5.5 HP Honda engine). At the time I didn't

believe
him and went to look in other shops...but then I heard the story from
someone else and I spotted at least three other identical mowers all

with
different brand names. The only one I recognised was from Lawnflite....

Well, someone & someone else don't know what they are talking about. Honda
make their own mowers and they can be found on the Honda UK website. They
also manufacture a huge range of industrial stationery engines which are
purchase by other companies to fit to their equipment.

So in that case Honda must be selling mowers to other companies who put
their name on them and sell them 25% cheaper. Even better.