Old 26-07-2007, 09:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Pond Plantings

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:37:20 CST, k wrote:

There are all miniaturized versions of traditional
pond plants - mini cattails and mini horsetail rush
come to mind.

This is true, but in a natural or large pond, plants that have been
"changed" can revert back to their natural size. I wouldn't recommend
horsetail to anyone, since it can get in the yard and grow even in a low
water area and is very difficult to kill once established.

I don't even know of any plant that wouldn't be a lot of work to keep from
surrounding the shore. We have many small lake ponds heading towards the
mountains that must have 5 feet width of yellow iris extending out into
them. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us