Old 27-07-2007, 05:32 AM posted to austin.gardening
jOhN jOhN is offline

Default More Vines to ID, Please

texas twang wrote:

Darker leaf, heart-shaped taking over my Texas Sage
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=100_0583.jpg

snailseed vine, _Cocculus carolinus_

Yes, Treedweller! This has to be it! Having the advantage of going
back and looking more closely at the vine and viewing all each
suggestion online, this snailseed vine seems to be the one. I had
never heard it. Thanks to all who took the time to respond.

Poison Ivy?
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=100_0588.jpg

no, I don't think so. Are the leaves fleshy? kind of thick and juicy?
That's something else--I can't ID it, but it's not itchy.

Thick and juicy? Like a big steak? No, these leaves are thin and are
not glossy.

It looks like cow-itch vine, cissus incisa. Pull it up and there will be
little round nodules underground.

http://tinyurl.com/275udd