Old 27-07-2007, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default "Red Wine headache"

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"shazzbat" wrote in message

I'm suddenly not feeling so bad about being unable to stand red wine. It
all tastes like vinegar to me, even some quite expensive ones I've tried
when wine lovers have told me "You're not drinking the right ones, try
this".

Steve

Why should you 'feel bad about it'?

Be 'you' and state what you think. People will respect you more for it and
as you can see, my comments have opened the subject up and we have all
learnt something by it.

On another newsgroup/forum I opened a subject up with a very carefully
worded statement and question on a very delicate subject. The thread went
into great lengths of discussion and 'opened up' what people didn't really
want to talk about, but 'did' want to talk about if you see what I mean.
As it dwindled out, I was congratulated and thanked on opening the subject
up.

Carefully and without insult, say what you feel and think. Only a few poor
souls will take umbrage :-)

I should rephrase "feel bad". I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of it, I just
wish that I could enjoy it like others obviously do.

Although that has now lessened somewhat.

And I do like tea, but prefer coffee.

Steve