Old 27-07-2007, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default glyphosate

On 27 Jul, 11:24, Sacha wrote:
Nobody has said it is wrong for you to try to eat as healthily as possible.
What we are saying is that your claims that children are dying because of
the use of glyphosate appear unsubstantiated.

Why don't you look at the reports that I have shown? And it's not only
about food, but about flowers too, where precautions are not being
taken by the workers using all these sprays. Why? Because they are not
regulated as we are here in the UK. Sadly.

Nobody is giving you a bad time. You made a case and some others don't
agree with it. This is a discussion forum so people are discussing.

I understand that. But there's some strange comments always added,
please be honest. Calling me a 'fanatic' is a bit far fetched. We all
have the good intentions towards our environment, even Judith has, but
we must be an example of good practice and not be selective. If you
have horsetail in your garden, dig it up. Don't use chemicals.

Of glyphosate on someone's garden? I don't think so. That's the problem as
far as I can see. You're painting with too broad a brush for the purposes
of the group.

You must see the bigger picture, I'm sure you are quite capable of
this. Sadly what I've come to realise is that when you make a point,
quickly, you won't come back onto it even if you haven't entirely
thought about your answer and realise there's more to it. And that is
so annoying. We all must accept that we cannot have the solution first
time around. *That* is the point of a discussion.