Old 27-07-2007, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default glyphosate

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:28:07 +0100
Sacha wrote:

AIUI, the more sulfites the more the chance of headaches and the cheaper the
white wine the more sulfites? Or so I was told in USA some years ago,
though not by a wine grower.
snip

Hi Sacha,

The cost of the wine has nothing to do with the amount of sulfites, except perhaps
in the sense that good cellar hygiene costs money, and that might be passed on.
But most of the ocean of cheap white plonk is produced industrially under perfectly
hygienic conditions.

White wine has more sulfites than red, as I recall. Unless you have a problem
with sulfites, which seems actually rare enough, it is unlikely that you'll get
a headache from any wine that's sulfite related.

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom