Old 27-07-2007, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default glyphosate

On 27/7/07 11:22, in article , "Uncle
Marvo" wrote:

, I, Marvo, say :

On 27/7/07 10:06, in article
,
"Uncle Marvo" wrote:

in , I, Marvo, say :

I'm very wary of the organic claims from far flung countries because
I'm not au fait with how they're inspected or set. In any case, I
try not to buy foods that have flown thousands of miles to get here.
They're not only not fresh, they're not 'planet friendly'.

I have read that it makes more sense to fly them here than force
them in heated greenhouses here.

The real answer is to eat only seasonal food, like wot we always
used to.

It won't happen, sadly.

No but it's what I aim for. I don't succeed all the time but I do
try. I use a fair bit of frozen veg too which, recent research has
shown, apparently, has often got more of the natural vitamins than
that which has been trucked around UK, let alone flown from Peru or
Chile!

The freezer was invented so that we could eat broad beans with our gammon in
winter, IMHO :-)

Yes, but they're British broad beans. ;-)

I don't actually own one, apart from the little bit in the top of the
fridge. It will hold ice cubes plus a bag of either broad beans or Aunt
Bessie's Oven Chips.

Freezers bring out my siege mentality. We have two and both are always
bursting at the seams!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk