Old 27-07-2007, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default glyphosate

On 27/7/07 11:40, in article , "Emery
Davis" wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:28:07 +0100
Sacha wrote:

AIUI, the more sulfites the more the chance of headaches and the cheaper the
white wine the more sulfites? Or so I was told in USA some years ago,
though not by a wine grower.
snip

Hi Sacha,

The cost of the wine has nothing to do with the amount of sulfites, except
perhaps
in the sense that good cellar hygiene costs money, and that might be passed
on.
But most of the ocean of cheap white plonk is produced industrially under
perfectly
hygienic conditions.

That makes sense, thanks Emery.

White wine has more sulfites than red, as I recall. Unless you have a problem
with sulfites, which seems actually rare enough, it is unlikely that you'll
get
a headache from any wine that's sulfite related.

I certainly find that some white wines give me a stuffed up head and sinuses
almost immediately and in some cases, a headache to go with it. It doesn't
seem to happen with red wine, no and your information bears that out.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk