Old 27-07-2007, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Humane Mole Traps?

On 27/7/07 11:22, in article ,
"Muddymike" wrote:

" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 26, 7:56 am, Skokiaan
wrote:
Has anyone actually caught a live mole in on of these?

http://www.pestfree.co.uk/livemole.htm

Or are they a waste of money?

Chris

I've given up trying to get rid of the moles, we even paid for a chap
to come in and put down worms which had been treated to kill them.

I tried the hose down the hole, didn't work. I bought some stuf in
France to water down the holes, didn't work. I got advice from Jane
Ranson, old time urgler who is "the expert" on mole catching, didn't
work. The only thing that did work to kill one was when I was getting
out of the car one evening. I saw the earth move, and, without
thinking, I bent down and attacked the heaving earth with my handbag,
there was earth flying everywhere, I never caught another one by any
method after that.

What a wonderful sight that must have been. I have a mental image of a lady
in evening dress and high heels beating the lawn with a tiny dress handbag
with dead moles flying everywhere. Oh for a video of that.

Well, if it's not that it's the Death By Gold Slippers. ;-)

Mike

Ps I rid my old garden of moles by sticking a hosepipe connected to the
exhaust of a petrol engine down their runs. Not seen one here yet.

Mike

That's a tried and true method as long as you stop up all other holes first.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk