Old 27-07-2007, 05:04 PM
landlubber landlubber is offline
Registered User

Default Bouganvillea bug

Hi, my first time of posting here, and I hope someone can help me.
I live in Spain, and have several established bouganvilleas, one of which has some nasty little bugs. The plant as a whole looks as though thick white fluffy paint has been thrown over it, but the stems are becoming black and it is looking very sick. It is quickly being taken over by this 'paint' which is in fact masses of very tiny little white insects.
Help, what is it and what should I do about it, I am trying to cut the worst of it back, but I think I should be using some chemicals to eradicate it before it spreads to the rest of the garden. Any ideas please about what I should be doing.
Regards, Landlubber