Old 27-07-2007, 02:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Marigolds deter Rabbits?

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Omelet expounded:

I must agree that bunnies are cute... but there has got to be some kind
of wire to stop them.

I have dogs.

Dogs work. The year after I lost Molly the bunnies started to venture
into the garden. We pour male urine (!!), preferably morning urine,
around the perimeter - not in the garden, but just outside. So far it
seems to be working.

That is interesting, but doesn't it cause a stink?

Since good fences make good neighbors (and good yard security) I have 6'
perimeter fences in the back and 5' in front. The dogs have a nice
fenced yard this way and don't bother my garden for the most part. The
pair out back was starting to lay in my flower bed so I put some tomato
cages in there to discourage them.

I don't suffer from (mammalian) garden predators. Insect predators are a
different story sometimes... :-P

I also never get raided by deer and there is a small herd around here
that often grazes right across the street.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.